I’m particularly aware right now of the intensely opposed polarities that exist, both uneasily and audaciously, in every single minute of my life. It is by turns exhausting and reassuring to hold these contradictions in my hand.
- Those who are close to me know me intimately and yet not at all; I, too, still stumble navigating the emotional terrain of those I know and love best of all
- The light is full, but of losses
- I am both grateful and sorrowful
- We are on the curve towards the end of the year, which then becomes the beginning of another year
- In my deepest darkness I find a stubborn flicker of joy
- I feel young – awkward, unfamiliar, bumbling – and old – wiped out, depleted, wrinkled – at the same time
What poles are you holding now?