Grace and I are off to Kripalu today for Dani Shapiro‘s memoir workshop. I can’t wait!! So, instead of a post, a few things that are making me happy right now:
- Finding flowers on my bedside table from Grace and Whit yesterday (with Whit’s marked with an old toilet paper roll: classic). They had picked them at the park in between downpours yesterday afternoon.
- Om Shanti, from Madonna’s Ray of Light CD. It reminds me of my trip to Feathered Pipe years and years ago. And it still inspires me.
- Loose, peasanty silk blouses by Rebecca Taylor (I have one leopard, one floral, and I am wearing them on repeat)
- Pam’s outstandingly beautiful post, Stay, about the urge to bolt from our own lives when they get uncomfortable. I can’t stop thinking about it.
- Cropped skinny white jeans (with the aforementioned blouses)
- Naomi Shihab Nye‘s poetry
- Peonies, peonies, peonies
- J Crew boys pajamas (particularly the blue and white striped shorty ones with a long-sleeved top)
- My new Mala beads from Tiny Devotions. I swear I can feel their energy when I wear them.
- Our plans to visit my sister and her family during their sabbatical next year for Christmas. I can’t wait. Have to get my children passports (the fact that they do not, I think, horrifies my parents: by the time I was Grace’s age I’d already lived in Europe for four years)
- My morning green smoothie: pear, cucumber, spinach, ice cubes, coconut water, mint, agave, chia seeds
Please tell me, what is making you smile these days?